Now in our forth year, our teacher training is still the only hot yoga teacher training in Saskatchewan. Led by Dallas, with over 15,000 hours of teaching experience to share with our students, and extensive training of his own in hot yoga, levels I, II & III, Ashtanga with David Swenson, Scaravelli Yoga, and Pranayama training. All of our hot yoga teachers here are graduates of this program. This is a Yoga Alliance certified 200 hour teacher training. That means students will have 200 contact hours with the tutors, as well as independent study, reading and practice time. Our Teacher Training Courses are designed to teach you all that a traditional yoga teacher training course would, with the additional option to teach a hot yoga sequence. Our previous experience has shown students gained much more when fully immersed in Teacher Training. Intensive training dramatically boosts confidence in teaching skills while simultaneously building a progressive yoga practice.
Dates: July 8th - 14th (7am - 7.30 pm every day) Intensive week. Also the weekends (Saturday and Sunday 9am - 5 pm) of June 1st & 2nd, June 15th & 16th, June 29th & 30th and July 6th & 7th.
We recommend that students have at least 6 months hot yoga practice. If you have been practicing at another studio we require a letter of recommendation from your yoga teacher.
7 Day Intensive Yoga Immersion
Monday July 8th - Sunday July 14th Spend a week focused on your yoga! This intensive period will cover lots of practice time, posture clinic,yoga philosophy, pranayama (breathing techniques), and explore different styles of yoga. Great for a yoga tune-up and to get deeper into your practice. Returning trainees get 50% discount.
Schedule: 7 am - 8 am : Ashtanga practice 9 am - 12.30 posture clinic - in-depth look at specific postures, their benefits, and safe adjustments 2 pm - 5.30: philosophy, ethics and yogic lifestyle, 6pm - 7.30 Hot Yoga Class
Techniques Training and Practice
Learn how to teach and practice Asana, Pranayama, Kriya, Chanting, Mantra and Meditation.
The principles of demonstrating, observation, assisting/correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the students process of learning and the business aspects of yoga.
Anatomy and Physiology
Practical anatomy and physiology. Subtle anatomy (Charkas, Nadis etc). The study of the subject and it's application to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications etc.)
Yoga Philosophy/Lifestyle and Ethics for a Yoga Teacher
Includes study of yoga philosophies, yoga lifestyle, and ethics for yoga teachers.
- - Asanas - Yoga Poses, how to do modifications, postural alignment and preventing yoga injuries.
- - Teaching practice. The ethics for yoga teachers. Sensitivity of adjusting. Using the voice. Learning to teach from the heart.
- - Teaching skills - Recognizing common postural problems/body types. Sequencing, adapting to the students in the class.
- - Adapting the length of class : 60 mins / 75 mins / 90 mins.
- - Pranayama: Teaching and practice of breathing techniques and their benefits.
- - Anatomy and Physiology.
- - Subtle Energy systems: Chakras, Koshas, Nadis, Bandas and Mudras.
- - Kriyas: Cleansing Practices.
- - History of yoga.
- - Yoga Philosophy: Studying various well know texts such as Yoga Sutra, Hatha Yoga Pradipika and Bhagavad Gita.
- - Meditation.
- - Mantra, sound vibration.
- - Hot Yoga specific training, and modules on prenatal yoga, yin yoga and vinyasa yoga.
- - The business of yoga - Setting up classes or a yoga studio of your own.
Yoga Alliance certification means that our teacher training adheres to the highest standards and our tutors are widely experienced. Dallas’ previous studio has trained many students in the first Hot Yoga teacher training in the UK (also internationally recognized by the Yoga Alliance and the Independent Yoga Registry). Successful students will have an internationally recognized certification, and are then free to safely teach yoga to any markets or students.
Payments received before April 1st - $1900 for teacher training, $700 for 7 day intensive only
Payments received after April 1st 2013 - $2100 for teacher training, $800 for 7 day intensive only
This includes course handbook, and an unlimited pass to the studio for the months of June and July for teacher trainees.
If you are interested in our teacher training please contact us for more info.